Five Things to Know Today, March 29, in Montgomery County
Here are five things to know today, March 29, in Montgomery County:
1. Gaithersburg’s “Council in the Community” meets from 7 to 9 p.m. at Watkins Mill Elementary School. Among the presentations will be crime prevention programs, code enforcement, public works projects and services, community and youth services, and recreational opportunities.
2. The second public hearing for the Veirs Mill Road Corridor area begins at 7 p.m. at the Newport Mill Middle School, 11311 Newport Mill Road, Kensington.
3. Today is the last day to sign up for Montgomery Recreation’s adult basketball.
4. Dozens of residents got a look at Saul Centers’ plans for the future of the Kentlands Square shopping center Tuesday night. The proposal includes more than 780,000 square feet of commercial space as well as 1,450 multi-family units on 12 acres. Some buildings would be 12 stories high.
5. Nine candidates, including three county executive candidates, have filed paperwork to use the county’s public election fund to finance their campaigns.
Save the date! Montgomery Community Media celebrates the 5th annual, “Day in the Life of Montgomery County” on April 20. We hope you will join us for this 24-hour photo project that highlights the people and places that make Montgomery County such an extraordinary place to live, work and play.