Five Things to Know Today, March 3, in Montgomery County
1. We are once again under a winter weather advisory until 10 p.m.
2. Montgomery County Council President George Leventhal gives his thoughts on his former boss Senator Barbara Mikulski and her decision not to run for reelection in 2016.
3. Silver Spring parents who practice free-range parenting get a ruling from the Child Protective Services.
4. It was another snow day for MCPS students but what might it mean for summer vacation?
5. Former Montgomery County Councilmember Phil Andrews now is the director for crime prevention at the Office of the State’s Attorney. Hear about his plans to initiate a Mental Health Court in Montgomery County.
One more thing: Montgomery Community Media needs you. Apply today to be part of our new Community Advisory Council.