Five Things to Know Today, March 8, in Montgomery County
Here are your five things to know today, March 8, in Montgomery County:
1. The Montgomery County Council meets today. On the agenda: a briefing on Blizzard of 2016 clean up. You can view the Council’s entire agenda, here.
2. The Montgomery County Board of Education is also meeting today and on the agenda: appointment of Superintendent of Schools and contract approval. You can view entire agenda, here. The meeting will be live streamed on the Board of Education website.
3. The World Organization for Resource Development and Education (WORDE) will be hosting a “Stop Dangerous Speech” panel tonight at the Silver Spring Civic Center at 6:30 p.m.
4. Montgomery Parks is holding a community meeting to discuss the Long Branch-Wayne Local Park renovation project. The meeting will take place at Oak View Elementary School in Silver Spring at 7 p.m.
5. Bethesda Library will be showing “Horton Hears a Who!” for its Family Movie Night at 6:30 p.m.
In case you missed it…
- PEPCO and Exelon filed a new agreement on Monday.
- Adventist HealthCare held a groundbreaking ceremony for its newest hospital location in White Oak.