Five Things to Know Today, May 6, in Montgomery County
Here are five things to know today, May 6th, in Montgomery County:
1. Metro General Manager Paul Wiedefeld will hold a news conference today at 11 a.m. to lay out a plan to improve the safety and reliability of the Metrorail system. The news conference will take place at Metro’s headquarters in Washington, D.C.
2. Mayor of Somerset, Jeffrey Slavin, will receive the Chairman’s Award during the Annual Making A Difference Awards Breakfast today. The event is set to take place from 7 a.m. to 9 a.m. at the Bethesda Marriott on Pooks Hill Road. Mayor Slavin is being honored for his years of service to the nonprofit sector.
3. The Montgomery County Council is set to discuss additional funding for the National Philharmonic during a joint meeting of the Health and Human Services Committee and the Government Operations and Fiscal Policy Committee. The meeting will begin at 2 p.m. at the Council Office Building in Rockville.
4. Monkey Joe’s will open a new location in Germantown today at 13032 Middlebrook Road. The new 12,000 square foot will have wall-to-wall inflatables, arcade games and more.
5. Rockville Town Square will kick off its Friday Night Live concert series tonight from 6:30 p.m. to 9 p.m. The Dan Haas Band, which is a pop rock group, will be performing live. The event is free and open to the public.