Five Things to Know Today, May 7, in Montgomery County
1. Wellness: County Executive Ike Leggett will speak at the 6th Annual “To Life Health & Wellness Expo” today. Here are some details about the event.
2. Congrats Grads: A record number of graduates are being celebrated at the Universities of Shady Grove today.
3. Award Winners: MCPS has a lot to celebrate with two U.S. Presidential Scholars and 21 National Merit Scholarship winners.
4. Working Together: The Montgomery County and Prince George’s councils meet today. Here’s a look at what they will be talking about.
5. Fundraiser for Joy: Check out this fundraiser scheduled for Friday to benefit a local cheerleading group on their journey to the Special Olympics World Games.