Five Things to Know Today, Nov. 18, in Montgomery County
1. Montgomery County is the first in the nation to mandate radon testing. On Tuesday, Councilmembers unanimously approved a bill that will require most single-family homes to be tested for radon before they are sold. The bill goes into effect next fall.
2. The Montgomery County Board of Education has approved a $1.73 billion CIP this week.
3. A community meeting is scheduled for tonight on the transportation element of the White Flint 2 Sector Plan.
4. Montgomery County police officers are looking for volunteers to help clean up a wooded area near South Lake Elementary School this Saturday in Montgomery Village.
5. In Gaithersburg, city employees will celebrate GIS Day from 10 a.m. to noon today.