Five Things to Know Today, Nov. 2, in Montgomery County
1. There is no school for Montgomery County Public Schools students today. It is a Professional Day for teachers.
2. The Monroe Street entrance to the Montgomery County Circuit Court is closing today for construction and will not be reopened until September 2016. All jurors and visitors to the Circuit Court can enter the Courthouse through the Maryland Avenue entrance or follow the signs through the Judicial Center Courtyard near the water fountain and flags to enter the building on the Terrace Level.
3. Fall leaf collection is now underway in the cities of Gaithersburg and Rockville and it begins one week from today in Montgomery County. Montgomery County residents may see notification signs going up in their communities beginning today.
4. Montgomery County Council President George Leventhal meets with reporters today to discuss some of the issues coming up on the Council’s agenda.
5. The Monty awards were handed out on Sunday evening at the BlackRock Center for the Arts in Germantown to volunteers and content creators. Find out who took home a trophy, here.