Five Things to Know Today, Nov. 2, in Montgomery County
1. The Quince Orchard Cougars upset the Northwest Jaguars last night on the football field in Germantown. It was the first loss of the season for the Jaguars.
2. There was a big crowd on Saturday for the ribbon-cutting ceremony at the new Scotland Community Recreation Center, which was renamed for community activist Bette Carol Thompson.
3. Maryland troopers are investigating a fatal vehicle collision that occurred at I-495 south of Persimmon Tree Road on Saturday morning. A 17-year-old Potomac resident was killed in the crash and several other teens were injured.
4. This week, county officials launched a new kitchen incubator project at the Universities at Shady Grove.
5. Finally, local candidates are campaigning to get the vote out on Tuesday, Nov. 4. The polls are open from 7 a.m. – 8 p.m. and we will have live election results on Montgomery Channel 21. You can find information about the candidates and races on the MyMCMedia website.
For the latest news and events in Montgomery County, stay with MyMCMedia. We hope you will also follow MyMCMedia on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Finally, don’t miss our Weekend Planner and the latest County Report This Week: