Five Things to Know Today, Nov. 6, in Montgomery County
1. There was a standing room only crowd at Rachel Carson Elementary School’s PTA meeting last night to discuss overcrowding issues at the school.
2. About 50 parents attended an early morning meeting at John T. Baker Middle School on Wednesday to discuss an alleged sex assault.
3. Catherine Hoggle, accused of detaining her two children and refusing to say where they are, is expected in court today as a judge is scheduled to hear a motion from her attorney to dismiss the case.
4. Kentlands resident Neil Harris has been selected as the city of Gaithersburg’s newest Councilmember.
5. Riderwood will host its 2nd annual Veterans Expo on Friday.