Five Things to Know Today, Nov. 9, in Montgomery County Election Edition
Here are five things to know today, Nov. 9, in Montgomery County:
1. Term Limits (Question B on the ballot) appears to have passed with more than 68 percent of the vote in Montgomery County, according to unofficial election results. Term limits advocate Robin Ficker is scheduled to celebrate at Shady Grove Metro this morning.
2. Chris Van Hollen wins Senate seat, replacing retiring Senator Barbara Mikulski and defeating Republican candidate Kathy Szeliga.
3. Democrats John Delaney, Jamie Raskin and John Sarbanes won their Congressional races in Maryland on election night.
4. Jeanette Dixon, Shebra Evans and Rebecca Smondrowski won their school board races on election night, according to unofficial election results.
5. The Washington Post reports that Donald Trump was elected the 45th president of the United States.
One more thing:
- For full recap of election night coverage, check out our MoCo Vote Blog.