Five Things to Know Today, Oct. 16, in Montgomery County
1. The Friends of the Library Literary Luncheon series returns today at Strathmore Mansion.
2. The Montgomery County Council’s Public Safety Committee is scheduled to discuss a long term strategy for the Department of Liquor Control today and the committee is also expected to be briefed on the impact of puppy and kitten mills on the county.
3. Catherine Hoggle’s attorney wants the charges against her dropped.
4. More than 800 drivers have been cited for passing stopped school buses in Montgomery County.
5. State’s Attorney John McCarthy and County Ike Leggett are scheduled to announce the creation of a special unit to focus on crimes against seniors and vulnerable adults at a news conference today.