Five Things to Know Today, Oct. 31, in Montgomery County
Here are five things to know today, Oct. 31, in Montgomery County:
1. MoCo Vote: You can vote early from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. at ten locations across Montgomery County today. Early voting continues thru Nov. 3rd. The Presidential General Election is just one week from tomorrow on Nov. 8.
2. Safe Track: Metro’s Safe Track Surge #10 is now underway on the Red Line, and Metro riders are reminded to plan accordingly.
4. Flu Shots: Have you got your flu shot yet? The Montgomery County Department of Health and Human Services is hosting flu vaccine clinics today in Germantown and Silver Spring. Find out more, here.
5. Happy Halloween: The Gaithersburg and Potomac libraries are hosting a Halloween magic show today. Be careful driving as trick or treaters will be knocking on doors in neighborhoods across our county tonight. If you are looking for some scares, you may want to check out Markoff’s Haunted Forest or the Field of Screams. AFI is also hosting Halloween on screen.
In case you missed it:
- There is a new hot spot for shoppers. The Clarksburg Premium Outlets center is now open for business.
- The newly renovated Ross Boddy Recreation Center welcomes visitors today in Sandy Spring.
- MCPS Superintendent Jack Smith has released his FY 2018 Capital Budget and CIP amendments, which includes his recommendations for some upcoming school boundary studies.
- If you missed an evening with Steve and Cokie Roberts discussing the 2016 presidential election at MCM’s studios last week, you can watch their discussion at 9 p.m. tonight on Montgomery Channel 21. That’s HD Channel 995 on Comcast and HD Channel 1055 on RCN.