Five Things to Know Today, Sept. 10, in Montgomery County
1. The Southlawn Industrial Area Feasibility Study meeting is tonight in Rockville.
2. For those considering a run for elected office in the city of Gaithersburg, mandatory candidate training takes place tonight at City Hall. The candidate filing deadline for the Nov. 3rd city election is Sept. 18.
3. Do you have a plan? September is National Emergency Preparedness Month.
4. A public hearing on the Montgomery Village Master Plan is scheduled for tonight at the Council Office Building in Rockville. Planning Board members are expected to tour the Montgomery Village master plan area this afternoon as well.
5. The County Executive’s Hispanic Gala celebrates 77 scholars tonight at The Fillmore in Silver Spring.
—Montgomery County Police are sending 50 SERT officers to Washington, D.C. to assist with security when the Pope visits later this month.
–Lockheed Martin executives have announced that the company is cutting 500 positions by November.
–It’s been one year since siblings Sarah and Jacob Hoggle disappeared from their Clarksburg home and their father, Troy Turner, is determined to find them.