Five Things to Know Today, Sept. 25, in Montgomery County
1. You have one week from today to apply for a spot on the new Economic Development Corporation.
2. The Gaithersburg Board of Supervisors of Elections has certified the candidacies of Jud Ashman, Darline D.H. Bell-Zuccarelli and Henry Marraffa Jr. for the position of Gaithersburg Mayor, and Neil Harris, Laurie-Anne Sayles, Ryan Spiegel, and Robert Wu for the three Gaithersburg City Council positions up for election on November 3rd.
3. The Montgomery County Board of Elections has announced the locations of nine early voting centers for the 2016 Primary and General Elections but the decision has outraged some area Democrats. The County Council’s GO Committee has scheduled an Oct. 1st briefing on this issue.
4. Montgomery County proposes to move the Confederate soldier monument from the grounds of the Red Brick Courthouse to the Beall-Dawson property at 103 West Montgomery Avenue.
5. Our Weekend Planner is your guide to fun in Montgomery County.
ICYMI: Photographer Phil Fabrizio documents his day covering Pope Francis beginning with a 4 a.m. Mass in Montgomery Village.
Across the county, parishioners in Silver Spring celebrated Mass and then traveled to Washington, D.C. to see Pope Francis in person.