Five Things to Know Today, Sept. 28, in Montgomery County
1. A bond review hearing is set for 1 p.m. today for a Germantown man who is charged with murder in the death of a Clarksburg man.
2. Congressman Chris Van Hollen is asking the state Board of Elections to reject two proposed changes to early voting locations in Montgomery County.
3. U.S. Senator Barbara Mikulski is asking Maryland Governor Larry Hogan for his help to protect federal funding for the Purple Line.
4. A Montgomery County Council Committee is scheduled to discuss police body worn cameras and the Animal Services and Adoption Center today.
5. City leaders in Rockville will be meeting tonight and on the agenda is a bus rapid transit study. In Gaithersburg, city leaders are scheduled to discuss the city’s economic incentive program tonight. Gaithersburg officials have also scheduled a closed door meeting to discuss a potential land swap and the Crown Farm Development in Gaithersburg.
One more thing, County Council President George Leventhal is scheduled to meet with reporters today for his weekly briefing.