Five Things to Know Today, Sept. 30, in Montgomery County
It’s Friday and there is more rain in the forecast. Here are five more things to know today, Sept. 30, in Montgomery County:
1. White’s Ferry is closed at this time due to an early morning incident where a car drove onto the ferry and then into the river, according to the police.
2. New motor vehicle laws take effect Saturday, October 1st including Noah’s Law which mandates the use of an ignition interlock for those convicted of drunk driving.
3. Ride On will implement new bus service between Tobytown Drive in Potomac and Rockville Metro Station via Shady Grove Hospital Sunday, October 2nd.
4. Voter registration drives are taking place today from 2 p.m. – 6 p.m. at the libraries in Kensington Park, Poolesville, and Wheaton. Remember, the deadline to register to vote in the General Election is Oct. 18th. Also, the Board of Elections is looking for bilingual election workers.
5. Check out our Weekend Planner for the latest information about concerts, festivals and local theatre in Montgomery County.