Five Things You Need to Know Today, April 4
1. It’s Friday! Rain is in the forecast so if you are heading to Nationals Park for the home opener against the Braves you may want to take an umbrella.
2. A pothole blitz is now underway! Montgomery County Executive Ike Leggett has announced that Department of Transportation crews are out this week filling those pesky potholes. You can call 311 to report potholes that you encounter on local roads or create a service request online.
3. The Sugarloaf Craft Festival opens today at the Montgomery County Fairgrounds.
4. Montgomery County firefighters responded to a townhouse fire on April 3 in Gaithersburg. After the fire was out, firefighters canvassed the neighborhood and installed smoke alarms and/or batteries at several adjacent homes without the safety devices. For more information about the state’s smoke alarm law, visit here.
5. Volunteers at Red Wiggler Farm in Germantown are preparing for the growing season. MyMCMedia’s Valerie Bonk recently visited the farm and filed this report.
For the latest news and events in Montgomery County, stay with MyMCMedia.