Forum Condominiums Evacuated


Photo | MCFRS

Montgomery County firefighters evacuated the Forum condominium building, a 17-story residential building, at 11801 Rockville Pike, shortly after 7 a.m. on June 3 because of high carbon monoxide levels on several floors.

Fire Spokesperson Pete Piringer said hazardous materials crews have identified a malfunctioning water heater as the source of the carbon monoxide.

He said the building was ventilated and there have been no injuries.



Like this post? Sign up for our Daily Update here.
Sonya Burke

About Sonya Burke

Sonya Burke is the Multimedia Manager at Montgomery Community Media (MCM). You can email story ideas at or reach her on Twitter @SonyaNBurke.


| No comments yet.

Engage us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter