Forum on Ending Obesity in Montgomery County Open to Public (PHOTO)
The Healthy Montgomery Eat Well Be Active Partnership is hosting a forum;”Ending Obesity in Montgomery County: Understanding the Problem and Creating Solutions.” The forum will be held on Wednesday, Dec. 9th from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
According to a news release, the following organizations will be participating in a panel discussion:
- Montgomery County Food Council
- Kaiser Permanente
- Women, Infants and Children Program (WIC)
- Montgomery County Planning Department
- Montgomery County Public Schools
- CCI Health and Wellness Centers
- Montgomery County Department of Recreation and Unity Health Care Health Center: Upper Cardozo.
The Healthy Montgomery Eat Well Be Active Partnership is one of many groups formed through Healthy Montgomery. Members a part of these groups include representatives from the Montgomery County government departments, public schools, hospitals in the county, and local non-profits. Healthy Montgomery was launched in 2009 and is working to develop plans to improve the health and well-being of County residents.
The forum is open to the public and will be held at the Agricultural History Farm Park at 18410 Muncaster Road in Derwood. You can register for the forum here.