House Fire Displaces Family of Five



An electrical fire forced a family of five at 12117 Suffolk Terrace in the Gaithersburg area of Montgomery County out of their home overnight.

Gaithersburg Fire and Rescue Spokesperson Pete Piringer said two adults and three children were evaluated by emergency rescue crews at the scene for smoke inhalation. One firefighter, he said, was treated and released at a local hospital.

According to Piringer, the electrical fire has been ruled accidental in nature. He said the blaze started in a ceiling fan in a bathroom.

Piringer said the fire was contained primarily to the basement area.

Damage is estimated at $75,000, he said.

Like this post? Sign up for our Daily Update here.
Sonya Burke

About Sonya Burke

Sonya Burke is the Multimedia Manager at Montgomery Community Media (MCM). You can email story ideas at or reach her on Twitter @SonyaNBurke.


| No comments yet.

Engage us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter