Garage Fire Causes an Estimated $125,000 in Damages in Germantown (PHOTOS)


About 45 Montgomery County firefighters responded to an overnight garage fire in Germantown on Monday morning.

It happened around 12:30 a.m., on Feb. 20, in the 19000 block of Noble Oak Drive, according to Montgomery County Fire and Rescue spokesperson Pete Piringer. When firefighters arrived, he said, the detached garage was fully engulfed in flames.

According to Piringer, investigators believe the fire was sparked by misplaced fire ashes in a trash can in the corner of the garage. He said the ashes came from a fire pit.

There were five adjacent buildings and one vehicle damaged in the blaze, Piringer said.

Damages are estimated at $125,000, Piringer said. No one was injured.

Like this post? Sign up for our Daily Update here.


| Comments are closed.

Engage us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter