Germantown Wegmans at a Glance
Wegmans opens in Germantown on Sunday, September 15, at 7 a.m. The 123,000 square foot state of the art grocery store will include:
- Market Café – restaurant-quality prepared foods for dine in or take out. Combined indoor and outdoor seating for more than 200.
- Coffee Shop with specialty coffee, tea, and breakfast sandwiches.
- Street Stop featuring different items daily, like Veggie Burgers, Panini sandwiches, or made-to-order salads.
- Soup Station with up to six varieties of hot soup.
- Pizza Shop featuring thin crust pizza, calzones and wings.
- Old-fashioned Sub Shop featuring hot and cold subs/wraps, party trays and cookies.
- Sushi is made fresh daily, in a variety of vegetable, cooked, and raw made-to-order selections.
- Vegetable Bar featuring hot and cold selections.
- Asian-inspired cuisine at the Asian Bars.
- Chef’s Case with entrees, sides and $6, $8 and $10 meal selections.
- Café checkouts for meal-time convenience.
- Produce – Wegmans is known for offering an unmatched variety, up to 700 different fruits and vegetables on any given day; 100 or more are organic.
- Each store builds strong partnerships with local growers and, in season, offers locally grown fruits and vegetables picked daily (sometimes twice a day) and delivered directly to the store.
- Fresh Fruit and Vegetable stations, where produce is cleaned, cut and ready to prepare; also offering fresh squeezed juice.
- Seafood – Delivered daily from ports across the country and around the world. The Seafood Market showcases fully traceable and sustainable seafood, in some cases highlighting the boat, captain, and port of landing. It’s also where customers can get great fresh, steamed shellfish, at no extra charge…lobster, shrimp, mussels, clams and crabs to go. When in season, fresh seafood from Alaska to the eastern shore of the United States is available, including Wegmans’ own oysters, clams, and blue crab meat.
- Meat – Ready-to-cook entrees and pre-marinated meats in a variety of flavors to pop in the oven or on the grill. In addition to conventional meat, Wegmans also offers the choice of organic beef, pork, chicken, lamb, bacon, and sausage, and Wegmans’ Food You Feel Good About meats from animals raised free of antibiotics and hormones. A dry-aging case for Food You Feel Good About Angus Beef will be featured in the meat department of this store.
- Nature’s Marketplace – Natural and organic foods, supplements, herbal remedies, cleaning products, cosmetics, and a selection of premium and loose leaf teas. Wegmans offers its own brand of organic products, including fresh organic milk. There are also foods for people with special dietary needs, including a special section of gluten-free grocery, dairy and frozen products.
- Bakery – European and artisan breads and rolls, water-boiled bagels, decorated cakes, cupcakes, muffins, cookies, specialty desserts and pastries.
- Foods From Around the World – Asian, Indian, Caribbean, Mexican, South American, Spanish, Kosher, Eastern Mediterranean, British and German foods, and of course, Italian.
- Deli – An incredible selection of cold and cured specialty meats and dry sausage products, including Jamon Iberico de Bellota Ham from Spain. Organic deli meats (turkey, beef, ham) are also available sliced to order or pre-packaged.
- Kosher Deli – Norwegian, Scottish and Atlantic hand-sliced smoked salmon. Potato latkes, noodle kugel, Kosher rotisserie chicken, stuffed cabbage, beef brisket and more, all made with no additives and no preservatives. There are separate slicers for Kosher cold cuts.
- Cheese Shop – 300 specialty and artisan cheeses produced domestically or imported from around the world.
- Mediterranean bar – Imported and domestic olives, hummus, fresh mozzarella, marinated mushrooms, artichokes, roasted peppers, and antipasti.
- Catering – Help with planning special events, parties, and holidays.
Also at the new store:
- Floral shop with custom designs and signature arrangements.
- Housewares and seasonal merchandise – Everything you need to entertain, prepare, serve, and celebrate food.
- Greeting cards and gifts.
- Books and magazines