GGCC Shows Importance of Story Telling & How to Keep, Attain, Re-Engage & Expand Your Customer Base
The Gaithersburg-Germantown Chamber (GGCC) in partnership with Mid-Atlantic Federal Credit Union’s Small Business University hosted its 8th Annual “GROWTH: Brand, Sales & Marketing” Seminar on Tuesday, March 24 at the Universities at Shady Grove in Rockville.
This year’s seminar featured Sonya Burke of Montgomery Community Media who spoke on “Using the Press to Tell Your Story More Effectively & Attract Your Target Audience” & Chad Prinkey of Neuberger & Company, Inc. who presented “Your Best Customer is Someone Else’s Prospect….. What are you Doing to Keep Them?”.
“The seminar was an excellent reminder that we need to take the time to invest in our professional development. Both Chad and Sonya did a terrific job to give us the tools we need to make our businesses stronger,” said Marilyn Balcombe, GGCC Executive Director. The seminar was sponsored by Planet Fitness, The Gazette & Bargain Movers.
Small, medium and large size businesses were able to take advantage of the numerous resources that were presented at the seminar.
After Prinkey’s K.A.R.E. (Keep, Attain, Re-engage and Expand) presentation attendees left with one game changing strategy in each of the following areas:
- Business development: get more opportunities in front of the right prospects
- Winning the business: get the business at your target margin in a highly competitive marketplace
- Account management: protect and grow your best relationships through expansion and referrals
Burke spoke on telling your story effectively by using the press. Attendees left this session with the following information:
- The optimal time to deliver press releases to journalists
- How to craft a story pitch that grabs a journalist’s attention
- What is real news and what is promotional content
- How to deliver to journalists the information they need to tell your story
- Why you should engage journalists regularly and effectively on social media
- And how to work with bloggers to tailor your content to their needs
- Create and use target media lists of relevant journalist and blogger contacts
The GGCC is active in providing business-to-business networking opportunities throughout the year: a collective voice in local, regional, and state legislative affairs, professional development opportunities and other services that enhance the business environment.
The GGCC is located at 910 Clopper Road, Suite 205N, Gaithersburg, MD. To learn more about the GGCC visit us at www.ggchamber.org.
Find us on Facebook at: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Gaithersburg-Germantown-Chamber-of-Commerce/64339954570. Or on Twitter at: @GGCCNEWS.