Girl Scouts Take Safe Sitters Course!
My troop and I got an opportunity to take a Red Cross Safe Sitter course class. It was a great experience and the knowledge and skills we gained will make us feel more confident as babysitters – which is sure to be good for business.
Babysitting is a huge responsibility. Here are some things we learned in the class:
- We learned how to make a business and keep it successful.
- We learned the different age groups and if it is your first time babysitting you should watch a child who is three years of age and up.
- You shouldn’t start babysitting with an infant. It could be too much to handle for your first job.
- We learned to call for an adult or 911 in case of and emergency.
- We also learned how to take care of the child if something is wrong.
I loved the Red Cross Safe Sitter class. It was a fun! After we completed the course, we received a safe sitter card. Our new knowledge and skills will make u a more confident babysitters.
On October 3rd, six girl scout cadets and I took the Safe Sitters course. The eight hour course has been offered for many years. We were taught the basics of babysitting, creating a business, and of course being safe when sitting. This course is great for young teens (12 and up) and I learned a lot. Near the end of the course, we took a test, and we all passed! If you are interested in babysitting, you should definitely consider taking this fun course!
For more information about Girl Scouts, visit www.gscnc.org.