Good Counsel Wins 8th Consecutive Speech Title
Eight times is a charm!
The Our Lady of Good Counsel speech team captured its 8th consecutive DC/Virginia State Championship, besting 25 other schools from Prince George’s County, Montgomery County, DC, and Virginia. In each of the six competitive events- Declamation, Dramatic Performance, Duo Interpretation, Extemporaneous Speaking, Oral Interpretation of Literature, and Original Oratory- six Good Counsel students earn finalist status. Overall, there are 36 finalists and 12 of them were from Good Counsel, according to a press release from the school.
State Finalists from GC:
- Declamation: Laurynn Boissoniere (5th place)
- Dramatic Performance: Jack Elmendorf (State Champion), Alison Jackson (2nd place), Joanna Levantis (5th place)
- Duo Interpretation: Patrick Ehrman & Alison Jackson (2nd place), Bianca Obiakor & Katia Nguyen (5th place), Nick Pascale & William Burke (6th place)
- Extemporaneous: Robby Cummins (3rd place)
- Oral Interpretation of Literature: Megan George (State Champion), Emily Hall (3rd place), Megan Lomax (4th place)
- Original Oratory: Colleen Tracy (5th place)
In addition, the following GC students performed well enough to earn a spot at Nationals in Ft. Lauderdale on Memorial Day Weekend:
Kennedy Buck, Caroline McKee, Abigail Werner, Francesca Rowe, Tara Shepherd, Lora Metrey, Mahlet Traore, Betty Tasong, Danielle Zamora, Taylor Tennyson.