Homeowner Died from Smoke Inhalation from March 2 Fire (PHOTOS)

Larry Joseph Pagliai, 71, whose Willow Lane home in Rockville was destroyed by fire March 2, died from smoke inhalation, according to an autopsy completed by the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner, Montgomery County police say.

The manner of death was ruled as accidental, police said.

Pagliai could not be accounted for during the fire, but a body was recovered from the home.

About 75 Montgomery County firefighters battled the fire, which was reported at 16100 Willow Lane at 10:15 p.m.

Firefighters arrived to find the house fully engulfed in flames, said Pete Piringer, spokesman for the Montgomery County Fire and Rescue Service. The house was a complete loss, he said.

UPDATE: A body has been found at the site of the fire, Piringer said. The medical examiner is in the process of identifying the body. Fire investigators have not determined what started the blaze, he said.







Like this post? Sign up for our Daily Update here.
Douglas Tallman

About Douglas Tallman

Reporter with 35 years experience throughout Maryland. Reach me at dtallman@mymcmedia.org or via Twitter at @MCM-Doug


| Comments are closed.

Engage us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter