House Fire Causes $300,000 in Damages in Layhill

PHOTO | MCFRS

PHOTO | MCFRS

A house fire on Monday evening in Layhill caused an estimated $300,000 in damages and displaced two people, according to a Montgomery County fire official.

Fire and Rescue Service spokesperson Pete Piringer said the fire on Turnmore Road was accidental and sparked by misplaced fireplace ashes in the garage.

According to Piringer, dozens of firefighters responded to the blaze. He said there were no injuries.

Like this post? Sign up for our Daily Update here.
Sonya Burke

About Sonya Burke

Sonya Burke is the Multimedia Manager at Montgomery Community Media (MCM). You can email story ideas at sburke@mymcmedia.org or reach her on Twitter @SonyaNBurke.

Comments

| No comments yet.



Engage us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter