cuhx22owgaaykwk

House Fire Displaces Burtonsville Family (PHOTOS)

PHOTO | MCFRS

PHOTO | MCFRS

A house fire in Burtonsville caused an estimated $100,000 in damages on Tuesday afternoon and displaced the family who lives there, according to a Montgomery County fire spokesperson.

Fire and Rescue Spokesperson Pete Piringer said it took 45 firefighters to extinguish the blaze on Turbridge Court. Firefighters from Prince George’s and Howard counties provided mutual aid.

Piringer said the fire began in the basement. There were no injuries, he said, and firefighters were able to rescue a pet cat from the second floor and the smoky conditions.

According to Piringer, smoke alarms alerted a person in the house of the fire.

Investigators have ruled the fire accidental. Piringer said combustibles near the furnace ignited the blaze.

Comments

| No comments yet.



Engage us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter