House Fire in Derwood Causes $700,000 in Damage (PHOTOS)

UPDATED – Smoke alarms alerted a sleeping family in Derwood that their house was on fire and everyone was able to get out safely, according to Montgomery County Fire and Rescue Spokesman Pete Piringer.

About 65 firefighters battled the blaze Friday morning at the large three-story home on Granby Road.

Piringer said damage is estimated at $700,000.

According to Piringer, the cause of the blaze was electrical, an overloaded extension cord.

The Red Cross is helping the family of four, Piringer added.

PHOTOS | MCFRS

ORIGINAL – Montgomery County firefighters are battling a house fire on Granby Road in Derwood. Fire and Rescue Spokesperson Pete Piringer reports all occupants are out of the two-story structure.

Like this post? Sign up for our Daily Update here.
Sonya Burke

About Sonya Burke

Sonya Burke is the Multimedia Manager at Montgomery Community Media (MCM). You can email story ideas at sburke@mymcmedia.org or reach her on Twitter @SonyaNBurke.

Comments

| No comments yet.



Engage us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter