House Fire on Deerbrook Drive in Potomac Causes $100,000 Damage

Firetruck close upMontgomery firefighters say a house fire overnight at 13311 Deerbrook Drive in Potomac caused $100,000 in damage.

On his Twitter account, Fire and Rescue Spokesperson Pete Piringer said the cause of the fire was accidental. He said the blaze was sparked by discharged fireworks that landed on the roof’s cedar shingles.

According to Piringer, one firefighter was injured during the fire department’s response.

Piringer said a neighbor called 911 to report the fire. He said the four adult residents and their pets were not injured in the blaze.

 

Like this post? Sign up for our Daily Update here.
Sonya Burke

About Sonya Burke

Sonya Burke is the Multimedia Manager at Montgomery Community Media (MCM). You can email story ideas at sburke@mymcmedia.org or reach her on Twitter @SonyaNBurke.

Comments

| No comments yet.



Engage us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter