House Fire on Snapdragon Circle

Firetruck close up

UPDATED A house fire in the 14600 block of Snapdragon Circle in North Potomac caused $375,000 in damage.

Montgomery County firefighters responded to the blaze in the basement of the house at 9:30 p.m. on March 23.

Fire and Rescue Spokesperson Beth Anne Nesselt said the first arriving units reported smoke showing and requested additional units.

“Due to the extent of damage, they were unable to investigate more extensively due to the risk of floor collapse,” said Nesselt in an email.

Investigators have listed the  fire as accidental due to an electrical failure/malfunction.

There were no injuries and Nesselt noted that a smoke alarm activated and alerted residents in the home of the blaze.


Like this post? Sign up for our Daily Update here.
Sonya Burke

About Sonya Burke

Sonya Burke is the Multimedia Manager at Montgomery Community Media (MCM). You can email story ideas at or reach her on Twitter @SonyaNBurke.


| Comments are closed.

Engage us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter