“How Can I Utilize a Chamber Membership?”
The Gaithersburg-Germantown Chamber of Commerce (GGCC) is a business organization that strengthens, enhances & protects businesses. We provide resources for businesses and individuals such as business networking groups throughout the Gaithersburg-Germantown area. The GGCC fosters business-to-business & business-to-consumer relationships through monthly networking events, special Chamber events, legislative voice and committees throughout the year.
Well how can a membership with your local Chamber help grow your business?
There is an African proverb that states: “If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go with others.”
Business owners will all tell you that the key to being successful is to create long-lasting, meaningful relationships within the community. That can happen when you join & maximize your local chamber of commerce membership.
The number one response rate we receive when we ask our businesses owners why they joined the GGCC is networking opportunities. Build professional relationships that will drive the expansion of your business through our business networking events and a variety of other activities designed and organized especially for networking.
Meeting the owners of other businesses should not be viewed as meeting with your competition. It should be viewed as a chance to exchange business or customers. If you meet a fellow business owner that you can build a relationship, you have a created a free referral program. They can recommend you to their customers, and you should in turn do the same.
One of the best ways to take advantage of your membership is to become involved. The GGCC is built around member participation. There are many ways to get involved with the Chamber. We have more than 30 events each year to help you “increase the value of your business.” The full events calendar is on our website at www.ggchamber.org.
So what are some other ways I can utilize a chamber membership?
- Business Contacts: If you do business in Montgomery County then the GGCC is the group you want to associate with. The Chamber opens doors for your business to other members, government officials and Chamber activities.
- Visibility: You will be included in our Community Guide & Membership Directory. More than 5,000 copies of the Directory are distributed each year through County and State Visitor Centers and at various local events. The GGCC has numerous sponsorship opportunities, including corporate sponsorship, to garner visibility for your company
- Credibility: Customers who see that you are a member of the Chamber of Commerce will see your business as more professional.
- Reputation: For more than 60 years, we have been assisting businesses prosper. We are the leading advocate of the membership in the business community. According to research, consumers are 63 percent more likely to do business with a Chamber member when given the choice.
- Legislative Voice: The GGCC proudly represents businesses in our communities by advocating on behalf of members on legislative activities and economic development. GGCC is the voice of business to local, county, state and federal officials.
- Chamber website: Your Company will be listed on the Chamber website, www.ggchamber.org; the same day we process your application to give your business immediate visibility in the community. In addition, your listing on the GGCC website will be linked to your corporate website.
Joining the GGCC can help your business grow! For all of these reasons, and so many more, you should seriously consider joining; the membership fees will pay for themselves several times over.
Find out how you can become a member of this business network! For more information, visit www.ggchamber.org.