I Want To Be On The Board
Thank you for considering running for election to one of the three seats reserved for Access Users on the MCM Board of Directors. Here are a few things you need to know:
- You must be at least 18 years of age, and an active, certified Access User of the Corporation to run for and sit on the Board.
- Active, certified Access Users of the Corporation are those individuals who pay annual fees to use the Corporation’s production equipment and facilities including television studios and edit suites.
- You are ineligible to fill the Access User Board of Directors seat, if you are
- a Nominating Committee member,
- an MCM employee,
- a Montgomery County Cable Communications Advisory Committee member,
- a holder of elected public office or someone who works under the exclusive control of a Montgomery County elected official, or
- a current or former MCM Board member who has served 6 consecutive years on the Board, and has not had a 3-year absence since last serving.
- Three Board seats are reserved for Access Users to be filled by election (Approved ByLaws 4.2).
- The electorate is composed of the Corporation’s active, certified Access Users who have paid the annual fee as of 5 PM, March 22nd.
- The election will be conducted electronically.
- The anticipated initial seating of this Board Members is expected to be July 1, 2016..
Hopefully, all of the above information has not discouraged you from seeking to become a member of the MCM Board. Having effective Board members is important to MCM. Your skills, abilities, and vision are vital to a vibrant MCM so let’s tell the electorate about those. Please click the following link, I Am A Candidate, and answer a few questions about those skills, abilities, and vision. Make sure you submit your name and information before 5 PM on March 22, 2016.
After you complete the questions, the Nominating Committee will arrange to meet with you to further answer any questions you may have.