Kitchen Fire Causes $100,000 in Damage



For the second night in a row, Montgomery County firefighters were called to a home in the Leisure World community for a cooking-related fire.

Montgomery County Fire and Rescue Spokesperson Pete Piringer said the blaze at 15013 Eardley Court started in the kitchen of a basement condo of a three-story building last night (August 9). There were no injuries reported.

According to Piringer, the fire caused $100,000 in damage and has been ruled accidental. The blaze displaced the single occupant of the home.

Piringer said firefighters will be returning to the community today to talk about fire safety issues with residents.

On August 8, four Leisure World residents were displaced by a kitchen fire in their home.

Sonya Burke

About Sonya Burke

Sonya Burke is the Multimedia Manager at Montgomery Community Media (MCM). You can email story ideas at or reach her on Twitter @SonyaNBurke.


| No comments yet.

Engage us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter