Main Street Music Festival Opens with Bad InfluenceThe Main Street Music Festival returns to Kentlands with eight shows on Thursday nights from June 20 through August 8. Each performance showcases a different regional band with their unique style from Bluegrass to Classical Brass. Shows will take place at the Main Street Pavilion located at the corner of Main Street and Midtown Road in Gaithersburg. Free parking is available on street and also at the lot near Whole Foods Market on Centre Point Way. Bring your camp chairs and a blanket for the green.
The band will perform at 7 p.m. until dark (or 9 p.m.) Prior to the headline performance, a local Kentlands performer or youth group will take the stage at 6:30 p.m.
Schedule of Thursday evening performances:
- June 20 – Bad Influence (blues)
- June 27 – The US Army Field Band Brass Quintet
- July 11 – Ruthie & The Wranglers (rock)
- July 18 – The United States Navy Commodores (big band swing)
- July 25 – Janine Gilbert Carter (soulful jazz)
- August 1 – The Nighthawks (blues and rock)
- August 8 – Damon Foreman and Blue Funk (R&B and funk)
Visit the Main Street Music Festival 2013 website to learn more.