Man Injured in Takoma Park Fire (Photo)
A man remains hospitalized and firefighters say damage is estimated at over a half million dollars at an apartment complex in Takoma Park.
Montgomery County firefighters responded to the apartment fire at 8606 Carroll Avenue in Takoma Park shortly after 7 p.m. on March 22.
Assistant Fire Chief Scott Graham said a 59-year-old man was seriously injured during the blaze that started in an unattended pot on the stove. The man is in serious condition at a local trauma center, Graham said.
According to Graham, six apartments were damaged in the fire and ten people have been displaced.