MCM Board Ratifies New ByLaws
Montgomery Community Media’s Board of Directors has been developing a new governing structure for MCM/MCT. This is in response to the County Council encouraging MCM to become a more relevant and sustainable non-profit organization. I’m pleased to inform you that by a vote of 11-1 on November 7, 2012 (with 1 abstention and 3 non-voters), the current MCT Board voted to ratify new bylaws for our organization.This first major bylaws re-write since MCT’s founding 27 years ago. Highlights of these new bylaws include the following:
- The maximum number of Board members will be reduced to 15 from the current 26.
- Board members will be recruited for their skills and experience that will contribute to a diverse and dynamic Board focused on Strategy Development and Fund Raising.
- Three Board seats will be reserved for Access Users who will be elected by Access Users.
- Term limits will allow Board members to serve no more than two consecutive 3-year terms, with the ability to return to the Board only after a 3-year hiatus.
- An Advisory Council will be established to assist the Board of Directors and MCM Management with community connectivity.
Once a legal review of the bylaws has been completed, the County Council will be provided the proposed bylaws for their review and approval, a process that could take a couple of months. The bylaws would then come back to the board for a final review and vote before implementation in 2013.
To view these new bylaws, please visit “New Draft Bylaws”