Metro Delays & Track Work for July 19-21
The Blue, Orange and Red lines will have service adjustment beginning July 19 at 10 p.m. and continuing through system closing on July 21 as Metro continues track work and other improvements on those lines.
There are no station closures scheduled for this weekend. Service will be adjusted on the Red, Orange and Green lines.
Service on the Blue,Yellow and Green lines will operate on a regular weekend schedule.
Red Line trains will operate as follows:
- Between Shady Grove & Glenmont: Every 20 minutes throughout the weekend.
- Additional trains between Shady Grove & Farragut North: Service every 10 minutes 9 a.m. – 9 p.m.
- Additional trains between Glenmont & Judiciary Square: Service every 10 minutes 9 a.m. – 9 p.m.
Orange Line trains will operate as follows:
- On Saturday: Trains will operate at regular intervals (every 12 minutes) between Vienna & Stadium-Armory. However, due to a work zone at Minnesota Ave & Deanwood stations, every other Orange Line train will operate between Vienna & Stadium-Armory only. As a result, passengers traveling to or from the following five stations may experience a longer wait for a train: Minnesota Ave, Deanwood, Cheverly, Landover, New Carrollton.
- On Sunday: Trains will run every 20 minutes. (Normal Sunday service is every 15 minutes.)
Green Line trains will operate as follows:
- Green Line trains will operate every 20 minutes throughout the weekend. (Regular weekend service is every 12-15 minutes during daytime hours.)
Yellow Line trains will operate as follows:
- Yellow Line trains will operate to/from Mt Vernon Sq, rather than Fort Totten. If you are traveling to or from a station north of Mt Vernon Sq, use a Green Line train to complete your trip.
For more information
For schedules, real-time train arrivals and station information, visit wmata.com. Metro riders can access Metro’s new mobile website by entering wmata.com into their smartphone browser. For assistance by phone, call Metro customer information at 202.637.7000 [TTY 202.638.3780].