Montgomery County Receives 23 NACo Achievement Awards (Video)
Montgomery County has received 23 National Association of Counties (NACo) Achievement Awards this year for outstanding programs.
Among the awards was a “Best of Category” given to the Department of Permitting Services for its submission, “ePermits Apply Online Program.” This additional category was initiated in 1998 to highlight outstanding model programs submitted to the awards competition.
“These awards honor the dedication of all of our employees who work so hard to serve our residents,” said County Executive Isiah Leggett. “I am especially proud of the innovative and varied programs that won awards this year. Congratulations to our Department of Permitting Services for receiving a ‘Best of Category’ award for their ePermits submission.”
The following departments and programs received awards:
• Consumer Protection – Educational Videos of the Commission on Common Ownership Communities;
• Correction and Rehabilitation – Montgomery County Correctional Facility Technology Program;
• Office of the County Executive – Dataset Pipeline Strategy;
• Environmental Protection – Yard Trim Composting Facility; H20 Summit;
• General Services – Energy Modernization Initiative; Saving Water and Sewer Costs at the Strathmore Music Center and Clarksburg Correctional Facility; Smart Growth Initiative; Vegetated Roof for Rain Water Harvesting System; The David F. Bone Equipment Maintenance and Transit Operations Center;
• Health and Human Services – FIRM (Financial Reporting and Management); Senior Initiative;
• Housing and Community Affairs – Upcounty FNA (Focused Neighborhood Assistance) Program; Rent Supplement Program;
• Human Resources – Employment Initiatives for People with Disabilities, Veterans and Veterans with Disabilities;
• Libraries – Service Beyond Our Walls: The System-Wide Outreach Model; Express Kiosk @ Olney;
• Management and Budget – eBudget (Knowledge Management System);
• Permitting Services – ePermits Apply Online Program;
• Public Information – Capsula Informativa;
• Recreation – Recreation Teen Works;
• Technology Services – Unique Building Address Processor Program; and
• Transportation – Parking Guidance System Program
More information about the awards is available on the NACo Achievement Awards site.