Montgomery County Rocks the Inc. 500 List
Ten of Maryland’s nineteen fastest-growing companies are located in Montgomery County – including the state’s highest-ranking company and two incubator companies.
According to the Montgomery County’s Department of Economic Development (DED), that’s two more than made the list from regional rival Fairfax County, Virginia.
Local officials say Montgomery County is a great place to grow a business.
“Needless to say, we are thrilled to see ten of our local companies make the prestigious Inc. 500 list for 2013,” said Montgomery County Executive Isiah Leggett. “The diversity of the companies making the list – from government services and human resources to health care, real estate and software – validates the strong mix of industry sectors thriving here. We are committed their continued growth in the county.”
The list ranks companies using several criteria, namely growth over the previous three years and amount of sales in 2012. The Montgomery County companies making this year’s list, in rank order, are:
• 41- NSR Solutions, Gov. Services, Rockville
• 55 -SFederal, Gov. Services, Gaithersburg
• 141 – StartFinder, Human Resources, Rockville
• 158 – Mobomo, Software, Bethesda
• 355 – Wellness Corp. Solutions, Health, Bethesda
• 408 – ESAC, Health, Rockville Innovation Center
• 417 – CoesterVMS, Real Estate, Rockville
• 421 – Mid Atlantic Professionals TA/SSI, Gov. Services, Germantown
• 426 – Special Operations Solutions, Gov. Services, Silver Spring Innovation Center
• 427 – Tista Science and Technology, Gov. Services, Rockville
In addition, 38 other Montgomery County companies made the 2013 Inc. 5000 list.
DED also reports that Montgomery County had the lowest unemployment rate – at 5.3% – in the state for July 2013.
Gazzete article Montgomery County leads Maryland in rapid-growth private companies.