MTA Announces Service Disruptions to MARC Brunswick Line on Monday
The MARC Brunswick Line is operating on a significantly reduced schedule today because of Sunday’s CSX freight train derailment near Washington. The Brunswick Line trains will terminate at Silver Spring.
The following Brunswick Line trains are the only trains that will operate in morning service on Monday, May 2.
- Train 892 (6:05am departure from Frederick)
- Train 878 (6:25am departure from Martinsburg)
- Train 880 (7:45am departure from Brunswick)
All three trains will make all stops and terminate at Silver Spring.
The following Brunswick Line trains are the only trains that will operate in evening service on Monday, May 2. All three trains will originate at Silver Spring and make all stops:
- Train 875 – It will depart Silver Spring at 4:39pm.
- Train 893 – It will depart Silver Spring at 5:34pm.
- Train 881 – It will hold 30 minutes and depart Silver Spring at 7:04pm.
This train will terminate in Brunswick; EPTA buses will meet the train at Brunswick for service to Harpers Ferry, Duffields, and Martinsburg.
Passengers should note that these three trains may crowded and you are encouraged to consider alternatives such as the Metrorail system and the MTA Commuter Bus.
MARC-Brunswick – MAJOR disruption Monday, only 3 trains will operate, full details and list of trains: https://t.co/pFECeiwPUJ
— MTA Maryland (@mtamaryland) May 2, 2016