New Redlight Camera in Rockville
Stop! The city of Rockville is now operating a red light camera at a new location at Seven Locks Road and Fortune Terrace, southbound.
The camera will flash when violations occur, but no citations or warnings will be issued during a grace period from now thru June 14.
Beginning June 15, citations will be issued with the civil penalty of $75 for each violation. Points are not assigned to the vehicle owner’s driving record (similar to a parking ticket) and insurance companies cannot consider these tickets in calculating insurance rates.
Over ten years ago, Rockville began operating cameras to enforce red light laws or on Nov. 1, 2002. The program was an initiative of the Mayor and Council to protect pedestrians and motorists. The program supports police officer enforcement of traffic laws.
Cameras record violations when a vehicle travels straight through or makes a left hand turn at an intersection that has a red light, or makes a right turn on red, where permissible, without coming to a full and complete stop.
Here is a complete list of the locations of the current red light cameras in Rockville:
* North Washington Street at Beall Avenue (South Bound)
* West Gude Drive at Gaither Road (West Bound)
* West Gude Drive at Research Blvd. (East Bound)
* West Gude Drive at Research Blvd. (West Bound)
* Seven Locks Road at Fortune Terrace (North Bound and South Bound)
* North Washington Street at Middle Lane (North Bound)
* Park Road at N. Stonestreet Ave (West Bound)
* Gaither Road at Redland Blvd (North Bound)