New Tenants in Downtown Crown
Five new tenants have signed leases for retail space at Downtown Crown, the mixed-use neighborhood in the new Crown community in Gaithersburg. With these leases, developers report that Downtown Crown is nearly 66 percent leased.
ZAGG, Body by Blo, &pizza, Crown Cleaners and Wells Fargo will be joining Ruth’s Chris Steak House, Coastal Flats, Verizon Wireless and others at Downtown Crown, which includes 259,000 square feet of retail. Harris Teeter opened in January, following the debut retailers—LA Fitness and Starbucks.
- ZAGG is a leading mobile device accessory company with stores nationwide. The 1,100 square foot store will be located on Crown Park Avenue.
- Body by Blo is a new concept by Blo Blow Dry Bar, North America’s original blow dry bar. Body by Blo is a hairstyling salon that also offers nail and skin care services. No scissors or dyes allowed. It has signed for 1,700 square feet and will be located on Ellington Boulevard.
- &pizza is a neighborhood pizza shop with a conscience. The &pizza brand offers vegetarian and vegan options and advocates for community causes. The 1,500-square-foot restaurant will be located alongside several others that overlook Crown Park.
- Crown Cleaners brings dry cleaning services to Downtown Crown, and has signed for 1,200 square feet on Copley Street.
- Wells Fargo bank has signed a 2,500-square-foot lease for a corner storefront at Copley Street and Crown Park Avenue.
“It’s very exciting to see Downtown Crown’s list of retailers growing and the neighborhood really coming to life,” said Krista Di Iaconi, Principal at JBG Retail and Downtown Crown’s development manager. “Downtown Crown will have residents at the Cadence Apartments by the end of the month, and with Harris Teeter, Starbucks and LA Fitness open and busy, it’s already becoming an important resource for the surrounding community.”
Ellington Boulevard, the main thoroughfare in Downtown Crown, is also now open. Visitors traveling in either direction on Fields Road can turn onto Ellington at a traffic signal and then exit via Ellington to Fields when leaving, accessing Sam Eig Highway (Interstate 370) in either direction.
Downtown Crown is the mixed-use neighborhood at Crown, a walkable, urban-inspired community taking shape on 182-acres in Gaithersburg. Stores and restaurants will continue to open through the spring and summer. A fall grand opening is planned. To learn more visit www.DowntownCrown.com or www.SmartUrbanLiving.com.