One Injured at Leisure World Fire
Dozens of firefighters battled a fire at an apartment complex at Leisure World on Sunday afternoon.
It happened at 15101 Glade Drive, according to fire and rescue spokesperson Pete Piringer.
Piringer said several apartments were damaged by the blaze that ignited when a cigarette came in contact with oxygen. He said one person was treated for burns and smoke inhalation.
Damages are estimated at half a million dollars at the apartment complex, according to Piringer.
(1245p) 15101 Glade Dr, Leisure World; 1civ inj burns/smoke; Cause, cigarette in contact w/ O2; Damage, >$500K pic.twitter.com/gzE0OlKwaQ
— Pete Piringer (@mcfrsPIO) April 25, 2016
— Pete Piringer (@mcfrsPIO) April 24, 2016