Glen Echo Park Art Gallery Exhibits Continue Through August 30 (PHOTOS)
UPDATED: The August 7 Glen Echo Park Art Walk included the opening reception for three art galleries. The exhibits continue through August 30. See photos from the exhibits below.
Glen Echo Park Art Walk takes place August 7th from 6 to 8 p.m. The monthly summertime event includes open art studios and galleries, various demonstrations and exhibition receptions at three of the four Glen Echo Park art galleries. Following Art Walk, visitors may stay for dinner at GlenEcho Cafe, enjoy social dancing in the Spanish Ballroom or take a ride on the Carousel.
Art Walk participating studios:
- Art Glass Center at Glen Echo features fused glass. Demonstrations of kilnformed glass techniques.
- Glen Echo Glassworks features blown glass. Demonstrations of blown glass techniques.
- Glen Echo Pottery features pottery. Demonstrations of pottery techniques.
- J. Jordan Bruns Studio features artwork by resident artists. Artist Marissa Lu will demonstrate 15 minute ink/watercolor portraits (which may be purchased for $15).
- Photoworks features digital and darkroom photography. Demonstrations include studio lighting techniques, digital slide show.
- Participate in a raffle with drawing at 7:45 p.m. for 3 winners.
- Sculpture Studio features stone carving and sculpture.
- SilverWorks features silversmithing. Artist Blair Anderson will demonstrate silversmithing techniques.
Art Walk participating galleries:
- Park View Gallery presents work by local emerging artists
- Popcorn Gallery presents work by resident artists and local artists
- Stone Tower Gallery presents work by resident artists and local artists
- Yellow Barn Studio & Gallery presents weekend member exhibitions
The Glen Echo Park Partnership operates three galleries that present work by both established and emerging artists. Tonight each gallery is holding an opening reception from 6 to 8 p.m. giving visitors the opportunity to meet the artists. The Popcorn and Stone Tower Galleries are open Saturdays and Sundays from noon to 6 p.m.
- Popcorn Gallery’s “We|Source” exhibit will be on display from August 8 to August 30. This exhibit was created through a partnership with Community Forklift. All artwork was created with at least 50% reclaimed material.
- Stone Tower Gallery’s “Casting Call” exhibit will be on display from August 8 to August 30. This exhibit is a juried open call exhibition featuring works by nine artists. All artwork is made with cast materials.
- Park View Gallery’s “Wholesale Habitat” by Peter Gordon exhibit will be on display from August 1 to August 30. The Park View Gallery is open Monday through Saturday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. The exhibition consists of collage and painting based mixed media works.
Photos courtesy Marcie Wolf-Hubbard, JoEllen Walker, Melinda Parkhurst and Glen Echo Park Partnership