The Gaithersburg-Germantown Chamber of Commerce is one of the most dynamic and active Chambers in this region. Being a part of a Chamber pays off in many ways.
And starting Tuesday, September 3, membership with the GGCC can pay off – with money in your pocket- as we kick off our Annual Membership Drive.
Here is how it works:
- New Members who join the GGCC between 9-3-13 through 11-22-13 will receive $50 off of the first year’s dues.
- Existing GGCC Members who refer someone who becomes a member between 9-3-13 through 11-22-13 will receive $50 cash to be awarded at a chamber networking event (referring sponsor name must be on application).
Membership is the lifeblood of many organizations. Attracting and retaining members or prospective customers can be a very challenging task. Membership drives are useful for expanding an organization or simply increasing the name recognition of an organization. And they are used by all types of organizations.
There are many ways to help make your membership drives successful.
Here are a few simple steps to keep in mind:
- Find sponsors early. Go to local businesses and ask for donations of money or products to support your membership drive.
- Make sure you have plenty of help. Volunteers are necessary for any pledge drive
- Rally supporters with an event such as a kick-off dinner or concert. This is a great way to get people excited about the drive.
- Set up a table in front of a store or other local businesses and have volunteers at the table explaining the benefits of membership and how your organization gives back to the community.
As we enter gold’s season of growth, the GGCC hopes to have its own successful membership campaign. Autumn is the perfect time to open your business up to new opportunities. As a GGCC Member, you receive great benefits such as networking, business contacts, a listing in our online directory, and many other opportunities.
Our members say it best: “When I started my business I looked to join and actively participate in organizations that would not only help grow my business but also support my business and my professional goals. I am in involved in several professional organizations but one of the best for meeting this criteria has been the Gaithersburg-Germantown Chamber of Commerce. The Gaithersburg-Germantown Chamber of Commerce has allowed me to interact with some of the finest business owners and professionals in the area. The variety of events is designed to allow participation and professional development with all types of schedules so whether mornings, lunchtime or evenings are better you can still find ways to be involved. When people ask me what I like about my chamber I feel confident saying I think it’s one of the best chambers in the state of Maryland.” -Colette Releford, President, Strive Business Solutions, LLC
We invite you to join us and experience, for yourself, what so many of our members already know. Becoming a GGCC member makes good business sense!
For further information on the GGCC, or how we can “increase the value of your business”, contact us at 301.840.1400 x17 or visit us online at www.ggchamber.org.