Paramedics Transport Six Workers for Exposure to Carbon Monoxide in Rockville

PHOTO | MCFRS

PHOTO | MCFRS

Six workers were treated for exposure to carbon monoxide today in Rockville, according to a Montgomery County fire spokesperson.

Fire and Rescue Services Spokesperson Pete Piringer said it happened shortly before noon at 804 Hungerford Drive in Rockville. That’s where he said some large commercial ovens were fired up in a space that was being renovated for a new restaurant. Piringer said there were also some large trucks nearby that may have contributed to the ventilation issues in the warehouse bay.

According to Piringer, eleven workers were evaluated at the scene and six were transported to the hospital for further treatment. He said none of the injuries were serious.

Sonya Burke

About Sonya Burke

Sonya Burke is the Multimedia Manager at Montgomery Community Media (MCM). You can email story ideas at sburke@mymcmedia.org or reach her on Twitter @SonyaNBurke.

Comments

| No comments yet.



Engage us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter