Parking for Quicken Loans National Tournament (Video)
The Quicken Loans National Tournament will be held at Congressional Country Club in Bethesda, June 23 through 29.
Many County departments and agencies have been working on pre-tournament arrangements and logistics with representatives from the PGA TOUR and Tiger Woods Foundation to help spectators get to and from the tournament and to enjoy the overall experience.
Public Parking and Shuttle Bus Options
County officials remind anyone planning to attend the tournament that, if driving, they must use one of the official tournament parking and shuttle lots. There is no tournament general admission parking available in the immediate vicinity of the golf course.
Public parking for the tournament is available at:
- Rock Spring Lot, 6720 Rockledge Dr., Bethesda (seven miles from Congressional at I-270 and Democracy Blvd.) This is the best location for those coming from Virginia and other areas south of Congressional Country Club. Operating: Tuesday, June 24-Friday, June 27, 6 a.m.-7 p.m. Saturday, June 28-Sunday, June 29, 7 a.m.-7 p.m. Single-day and weekly passes available.
- Montgomery County Fairgrounds, 16 Chestnut St, Gaithersburg. Operating: Thursday and Friday only, from 6 a.m. to 7 p.m. A single-day pass (Thursday or Friday only) is $7. Cost includes one-day parking and shuttle pass from the Fairgrounds to Congressional Country Club (less than 15 miles). Get single-day pass for Fairgrounds.
- Shuttles will depart from both lots approximately every 15 minutes, depending on traffic conditions. Security checks will be conducted on all passengers prior to boarding the bus. No bags larger than 6”x 6” x 6” will be allowed.
- VIP Preferred Parking Lot F, 7727 Persimmon Tree La., adjacent to tournament main entrance, providing walking access to tournament. Operating: Tuesday, June 24-Friday, June 27: 6 a.m.-7 p.m. Single-day passes are available for specific days, ranging from $30 to $50, depending on the day of the week.
Tournament and County public safety and transportation officials remind spectators that no public walk-ins are allowed through the main entrance of Congressional Country Club on River Rd. The closest bus stops are noted below.
- T2 bus from Friendship Heights and Rockville (operated by Metro on weekdays and by Ride On on weekends). On Saturday, June 28 and Sunday, June 29 – as a convenience for spectators using public transit — route T2 Ride On buses will operate every 15 minutes from 4 to 8 p.m. between the Friendship Heights and Rockville Metro Stations. The service operates every 30 minutes between 7 a.m. and 4 p.m. The additional service will be operated as regular T2 service and will be open to all passengers. Regular Ride On fares will apply. The last scheduled trip in the evening in the direction of Rockville Station will pass through the intersection of River Rd. and Bradley Blvd. at 8:04 p.m.; the last trip passing through that intersection in the direction of Friendship Heights Station will be at 8:10 p.m. Bus operators working the additional T2 service will be provided a schedule. Passengers should use stops on River Rd. just west of Bradley Blvd.
- Ride On bus 36 from Bethesda (no Saturday or Sunday service). Use the stops at the end of the route on Bradley Blvd. at the Connelly School.
After departing the bus, walk south on Bradley Blvd. and follow signs and directions to the shuttle that will drop off passengers at the tournament’s main entrance. Attendees who prefer to walk should go south on Bradley, then left on Persimmon Tree Rd. and proceed to Persimmon Tree La. and the tournament’s main walk-in entrance.
Public Safety Reminders for Pedestrians
Pedestrians walking along Bradley are reminded that they must cross only at marked crosswalks and stay alert for oncoming traffic. The public should also be aware that the only authorized exit from the Country Club grounds is the tournament main entrance on Persimmon Tree La.
Taxi/Limo/Private Vehicle Drop-Off & Pickup
Tournament and County public safety and transportation officials remind spectators that no public drop-offs or pickups are allowed in or around the main entrance of Congressional Country Club on River Rd. Spectators who wish to be dropped off at Congressional must utilize the designated taxi, limousine or private vehicle drop-off, located near the Tournament Main Entrance on Persimmon Tree La. No parking or standing is allowed, so attendees are asked to coordinate their pickup times accordingly.
Spectators who want to bike to the tournament are reminded that bike racks are available at the Tournament’s Main Entrance on Persimmon Tree Lane.
More information about do’s and don’ts on the course and other details about the tournament are available at Spectator Information on the tournament website.
A recap of the Quicken Loans National at Congressional Country Club in Bethesda, which took place the last week of June in Montgomery County. After three months off following back surgery, Tiger Woods made his comeback at this golf tournament and Justin Rose won the tournament for the second time. Fans came from all over […]
Justin Rose, the 2014 Quicken Loans National tournament champion, addresses the media on June 29 after his big win. Take a look: Related:
One extra hole of golf, a little drama in the water around the last green, a trophy on a bed of roses, young children rushing into their father’s grasp who just became the double-winner of the Quicken Loans National, Justin Rose. It all happened right there before us on the par four 18th hole with […]
Justin Rose beat out Shawn Stefani on the first hole of sudden death playoffs at the Quicken Loans National at Congressional Country Club on June 29. “I’m obviously very, very excited to be a double-winner. It’s the first double-winner I am of any tournament, and to be the double-winner of this one, it means a […]
At Saturday’s third round at the Quicken Loans National, Peter Hanson recorded a hole-in-one on the second hole with a 4-iron from 222 yards. As the official mortgage sponsor of the PGA tour, Quicken Loans will award one year’s worth of mortgage payments to Arline Deacon of Fayetteville, Ga., to commemorate Hanson’s ace. The Quicken […]
I knew this morning it was the first day of the Quicken Loans National when the MetLife Blimp flew over the house on its way to Bethesda. I purposely got a late start because I met my riding buddy at Lakeforest to cycle 15 miles around the mall at 6 a.m. A quick workout, shower […]
Eastbound Perry Parkway will will be closed between W. Diamond Ave and Rt. 355 to accommodate parking for the Quicken Loans National Golf Tournament at Congressional Country Club in Bethesda. The closure is scheduled for June 26 and 27 from 6 a.m. to 8 p.m. The County Fairgrounds is an option for parking Thursday and […]
Tiger Woods met with the media on June 24 at the Quicken Loans National and spoke about his recovery from back surgery. You can watch his news briefing here: Photos | Phil Fabrizio Related:
The Quicken Loans National Tournament will be held at Congressional Country Club in Bethesda, June 23 through 29. Many County departments and agencies have been working on pre-tournament arrangements and logistics with representatives from the PGA TOUR and Tiger Woods Foundation to help spectators get to and from the tournament and to enjoy the overall […]
UPDATED The eyes of the golf world will be on Montgomery County next week as Tiger Woods has announced he will return to the PGA at the June 24-29 Quicken Loans National at Congressional Country Club. Woods made the announcement on his Facebook page, noting that he’s, “excited for the challenge ahead.” According to a […]