Police Are Investigating a Series of Commercial Burglaries, Release Surveillance Footage (VIDEO & PHOTO)
Montgomery County Police are investigating a series of commercial burglaries that have happened throughout the county.
Investigators believe that the same suspect is responsible for all of the burglaries. According to a news release, police have determined that the suspect forces entry into a business and once inside, the suspect disables any surveillance cameras and/or alarm systems that the business may have.
Police released video surveillance of the suspect this week. Police describe the suspect as possibly a tall, thin, light skinned male. Police are asking the public for information that will assist investigators in identifying him.
The following burglaries are being investigated:
- September 21, 2015 – Buffalo Wings & Beer located at 15412 New Hampshire Avenue in Spencerville.
- October 4, 2015 – Stained Glass Pub located at 12510 Layhill Road in Wheaton.
- November 20, 2015 – Green Apple Convenience Store located at 12830 New Hampshire Avenue in Colesville.
- December 19, 2015 – Exxon gas station located at 9331 Georgia Avenue in Woodside.
- February 4, 2016 – Dunkin’ Donuts located at 13424 New Hampshire Avenue in Colesville.
- May 12, 2016 – Hank Dietle’s Tavern located at 11010 Rockville Pike in North Bethesda.
- July 8, 2016 – Dry Clean Expo located at 11130 Rockville Pike in North Bethesda.
- August 2, 2016 – Dry Clean Direct located at 9315 Georgia Avenue in Woodside.
- September 1, 2016 – Dry Clean Direct located at 9325 Georgia Avenue in Woodside.
- September 3, 2016 – NAPA Auto Parts located at 15529 New Hampshire Avenue in Cloverly.
- September 16, 2016 – Dry Clean Direct located at 15644 Old Columbia Pike in Burtonsville.
- September 16, 2016 – Dunkin’ Donuts located at 15640 Old Columbia Pike in Burtonsville.
- October 4, 2016 – Dry Clean Direct located at 13866 Old Columbia Pike in Fairland.
Anyone with information regarding these burglaries or the identity of the suspect is asked to call Crime Solvers of Montgomery County toll-free at 1.866.411.TIPS (8477). Crime Solvers will pay a cash reward of up to $10,000 for information provided to them that leads to an arrest in this crime. Tipsters may remain anonymous.