Police Arrest Suspect in Indecent Exposure Case (PHOTO)
A 27-year-old Rockville man was arrested on April 1 and charged with eight counts of indecent exposure.
According to Montgomery County Police, Kevin Thomas McHale, of the 1600 block of Marshall Avenue, would make inappropriate sexual comments to women and teens and expose himself. Five of the eight victims are between the ages of 13 and 17. The victims said the suspect was driving a gold/tan minivan.
Police said during its investigation detectives, 4th District police officers, and plain clothes officers worked together to locate the suspect. McHale was arrested after receiving two 9-1-1 calls for indecent exposures on Arctic Avenue in Rockville. Police officers located the vehicle and McHale was the driver. Two victims identified the McHale as the suspect.
There were seven incidents involving eight victims, police said.
According to police, McHale was transported to the Central Processing Unit in Rockville. McHale was released on bond pending his next court date, police said.
Here is a summary from police of the seven incidents in chronological order:
• March 4 at 9:08 p.m. – The Victim was unloading items from her vehicle on Myer Terrace when the suspect drove by in a gold/tan minivan and made an inappropriate sexual comment. The suspect drove off and returned two more times. He exited the vehicle only wearing underwear and exposed himself to the victim.
• March 28, 2015 at 2:00 p.m. – Two victims were walking on Myer Terrace leading to Earle B. Wood Middle School when the suspect parked his gold/tan minivan, exited the vehicle and exposed himself while making lewd gestures.
• March 28, 2015 at 6:30 p.m. – The suspect returned to the area of Nadine Drive in his vehicle and stopped in front of where the two victims from the March 28 incident and an additional victim were standing. The suspect exposed himself to all three females and drove away.
• March 28, 2015 at 6:39 p.m. – The victim was walking her dog in the area of Arctic Avenue and Danet Place when a gold minivan approached her on the street. The suspect made an inappropriate sexual comment to the victim and then exposed himself while making lewd gestures.
• March 31, 2015 at 3:00 p.m. – The victim was walking on Bauer Drive after leaving Earle B. Wood Middle School when the suspect stopped in his vehicle and made an inappropriate sexual comment. He then exposed himself and made lewd gestures.
• April 1, 2015 at 7:10 p.m. – The victim was walking her dog in the area of Parkvale Road and Russett Road when the suspect stopped his vehicle, made an inappropriate sexual comment and exposed himself.
• April 1, 2015 at 7:10 p.m. – The victim was walking on Arctic Avenue when the suspect pulled his vehicle to the curb. The suspect then exposed himself and made lewd gestures.